Contact List Builder
Assignment & Notes
- Work on getting numbers of prospects/qualified customers and putting them into the Queue app.
- Qualified Customer = 30+ & Owns a home / Has a career.
- You do not need to reach out to that person and ask for a demo. Just get numbers into Queue so you are ready when we learn how to book appointments!
- Spend a few hours doing the steps at the bottom once and you will feel the rewards of it for the rest of your rep career.
- Spend the time to get the person’s number that you would do a demo for, not your friends
- Use the steps bellow to crush this assignment and set yourself up for success!
1. Personal Contacts
Who do you currently have in your contacts that would be a qualified customer?
Make sure you import your contacts first and pick friend for people over 30 that own homes/have careers then friend for anyone who is not qualified but can help you with getting their parent’s numbers.
Move them over from friends to prospects once you get their parent’s number by clicking the + button.
Find any directories you can. Examples: neighborhood, school, club, church/temple, ect
3. Your Parents
BIG TIP: PUT THOUGHT INTO IT & BRING A LIST OF PEOPLE YOU WANT NUMBERS FROM.
Don’t expect them to do all the work for you!
Have a conversation with them and Share things you are excited to gain from the job
— > Examples: Time management skills, improve communication, networking, scholarship opportunity, potential internship credit, resume experience, presidents club (letter of recommendation from president of company)
Let them know that anyone whose numbers they give you:
– No obligation for them to buy – you get paid, experience and recs on every demo
– Your goal is to get as much experience as possible before having to go to people you don’t really know
4. Text Friend's For Parent's Numbers
First Text/FB/Snapchat/Insta Message To Friend:
Hey! I just got a new job and for training I need to do some practice appointments so I can get some experience. What is your mom’s number so I can reach out and see if she will let me practice with her?
If they ask what this is for:
I just need to do appointments to get experience and I’m trying to do as many as possible. I get paid just to do them so I just want to see if she could spare me 30 minutes just for me to learn. Even if they say no it helps me a ton just to ask. What is the best number so I can check real quick?
5. Snapchat / Instagram Message
Acquaintances / People you are not super close with:
Message: Hey! I know this is super random lol but I got this internship where I get paid to present to parents so I was hoping to get your mom or dad’s number?
Add people from the neighborhood, family friends, friends parents, teachers ect and then send them a message for phone number.
Message: Hey! I hope you are doing great. I actually have a quick question that I was hoping you may be able to help me with. What is your phone number so I can give you a quick call tomorrow?
7. Whitepages / Online Look Up
www.FastPeopleSearch.com – Old fashion phone book where you can search people by town and name. All numbers are not always accurate but a great tool if you are having a tough time with the other methods.
Who do you know who…
- Has the nicest kitchen
- Entertains often – Hosts a lot of dinner parties / Holidays, ect
- Owns a second home… can be a shore house, mountain house, lake house, apt in the city, hunting lodge, ect.
- Likes to golf / Belongs to a country club
- Could get you into the best network / Unofficial mayor
- That likes to buy things / likes nice things / Has a pool / Owns a boat / Travels often
- Went to or goes to private school.
- Lives in a town you’d be excited about doing demos in.
- Click here for HUGE list!